All current patients will be informed of enrollment in NHIIS verbally and in writing during their next visit to the office. Please remember that you have access to your child’s vaccination records through your Patient Portal as well.
We are pleased to inform you that our practice is now participating in NHIIS, New Hampshire’s Immunization Information System. NHIIS is a secure and confidential web based system that stores information on immunizations that you and your family receive in one central location.
What this means to you:
- NHIIS will consolidate your immunization information from multiple New Hampshire healthcare providers who participate in NHIIS into a single reliable record.
- Keeping immunization information in one location will let you and your healthcare providers know what immunizations you and your family have had and which immunizations you will need in the future.
- As your healthcare provider, we will have quick and easy access to immunization records when needed for schools, licensed child care centers, and camp entry requirements regardless of where you got vaccinated.
- In the event you move, change healthcare provider(s), during natural disasters, such as flood or hurricane, or a disease outbreak, all of your participating healthcare providers will have access to your immunization information.
- In the event of a disease outbreak, NHIIS will assist in identifying when a patient requires immediate vaccination.
Participation in NHIIS is voluntary. If you choose not to have your immunization information included in NHIIS, you will need to fill out a “Choose Not to Participate in the New Hampshire Immunization/Vaccination Registry” form for each family member and return it to our office. If you would like to have your immunization information included, no response to this announcement is necessary.
NOTE: If you have multiple healthcare providers participating in NHIIS and you do not want to participate, you will need to notify each healthcare provider individually.